Friday, July 1, 2011

Edible Arrangements



Herbs in Flower Arrangements

The herb garden has produced glorious amounts of chives this year. So many that I've been using their edible flowers in floral arrangements for around the house. I know I'll have to part with some of them next year [they are overwhelming the garden and falling all over the other herbs - it's a bit of a hot mess] but for now I'll just try to manage the beautiful chaos that is my herb garden.

In the arrangement above I paired chives with phlox and wildflowers all in various shades of purple and blue for a romantic monochromatic feel. Experiment! Use whatever you have in your own garden. Mix with wildflowers of different color combinations and textures.

Other herbs to include in arrangements are...

Sage | produces elegant purple flowers
Lavender | fragrant and beautifully linear, my favorite!
Chamomile | white flowers with a little hit of yellow
Anise Hyssop | dramatic purple flowers on long stems




Enjoy your gardens! It's raining here... and I am loving it. Yay for not having to water!

No comments:

Post a Comment